Join the team at Chalice Press, a progressive Christian publisher that works every day to welcome all and to create a better world. Our Marketing and Customer Service Coordinator will be involved in every aspect of the publishing business at our small but vibrant publishing house. You will interact with customers, authors, influencers, and more while managing key aspects of our e-commerce site and online presence. You will also be involved in product acquisitions, development, branding, launch, and promotions for about 16-20 new products annually as well as a backlist of more than 300 products. Because Chalice Press is now an office-free operation, applicants may live anywhere in the United States.
The Marketing and Customer Service Coordinator provides support for the overall marketing program, including the maintenance of essential marketing functions, and customer service, among other assignments.Online presence
- Adding new products to ChalicePress.com and ensure all products appear in the proper categories, contain acceptable promotional copy, and industry-standard quality in all listings.
- Primary oversight of social media writing, graphic production, and posting, preferably with software/apps that coordinate across platforms.
- Manage Chalice Press YouTube channel.
- Production and oversight of marketing and customer service emails using Constant Contact or another web-based platform.
- Managing Constant Contact customer database.
- Verify accuracy of product data in multiple online book sales websites and correct when needed.
- Managing the implementation and discontinuation of discounts.
- Collecting sales data by product and by time period for regular review.
- Write and proofread marketing and promotional copy.
- Overseeing the distribution of marketing copies (Advance Reader Copies) to media, influencers, etc.
- Managing requests for endorsements, compiling endorsements as they are received, and coordinating follow-up, including sending print copies when the book is available.
- Creating and maintaining sales sheets and publicity sheets in InDesign for trade and retail marketing and sales efforts.
- Respond to customer service inquiries that Nashville, Tennessee-based warehouse’ customer service representatives are unable to address.
- Processing refunds and returns.
- Processing special orders related to discounts and sales tax exemptions and refunds.
- Voiding/canceling orders as necessary.
- Processing lost or delayed orders to ensure deliver.
- Working with customers who for various reasons are unable to complete a transaction without assistance.
- Entering special orders for authors.
- Drafting orders in Shopify or in coordination with warehouse.
- Processing and tracking requests for review copies, exam copies, and desk copies.
- Processing requests to republish Chalice Press-managed copyrighted materials.
Other duties may be assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. CBP/Chalice Press may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Post-secondary degree, or the experiential equivalent, preferably in the areas of marketing or communications;
- Assertive, positive personality, with good communication and interpersonal skills in person, by telephone, and in writing.
- Ability to work as a member of a team;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Familiarity with Apple operating system or the ability to learn the OS quickly (a computer will be provided);
- Working knowledge or ability to quickly learn InDesign, Photoshop/Canva, and Microsoft Office;
- Creativity in marketing concepts and creation of graphics.
- Ability to learn web-based sales and marketing platforms, including Shopify and Constant Contact;
- Comfortable with online workflow and database management systems;
- Working knowledge of most social media platforms;
- Ability to travel occasionally (less than 5% of time) for quarterly staff meetings and occasional events, once the COVID pandemic ends;
- A self-starter, curious to learn about marketing, customer service, and publishing, who can work independently
- Because Chalice Press is an all-deployed staff, must be able to work from home;
- Ability to collaborate with deployed staff via Zoom, Skype, and other online telecommunication platforms;
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission and ministry of progressive Christianity in North America.
Hours and Benefits
- 40 hours a week, working 5 days a week, Monday through Friday.
- Exempt FSLA status.
- Standard hours of operation are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CST; flexible hours available. Our operation is based in St. Louis, Missouri, in the Central time zone.
- An Apple laptop will be provided for work use.
By Monday, January 25, 2021, email a cover letter, resume, and other relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org. At least three references will be requested for finalists. No phone calls, please.