Chalice Press produces books and other resources focused on social justice, anti-racism, inclusion, parenting, congregational life and leadership, and other areas that combine to make the world a more loving, more inclusive place for all. As our press sees growing sales and prepares to launch additional product lines, the Marketing department is expanding.
The Marketing Coordinator is a contract-to-hire position, beginning with 30 hours per week through Summer 2022 with a full-time hire position decision made in September 2022.
Position Summary: The Marketing Coordinator provides support for the overall marketing program, including the maintenance of essential marketing functions, outreach, and customer service, among other assignments.
Tasks for Marketing Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Daily check and execution of elements on Marketing calendar such as social media postings and e-blasts.
- Add new products to ChalicePress.com and ensure all products appear in the proper categories, contain acceptable promotional copy, and industry-standard quality in all listings.
- Collect sales data by product and by time period for regular review.
- Create social media writing, graphic production, and posting, preferably with software/apps that coordinate across platforms.
- Execute online advertising campaigns within directed parameters.
- Manage Chalice Press YouTube channel.
- Write and proofread marketing and promotional copy.
- Manage requests for endorsements, compile received endorsements, and coordinate follow-up.
- Produce marketing and customer service emails.
- Manage email database.
- Update and disseminate pertinent marketing information to sales force.
- Manage production of pre-release materials, including gathering and proofing copy and graphics.
- Manage the implementation and discontinuation of discounts.
- Create and update author webpages.
- Verify accuracy of product data in multiple online book sales websites and correct when needed.
- Brainstorm with the marketing team to develop unique promotional efforts.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. CBP/Chalice Press may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Post-secondary degree, or the experiential equivalent, in marketing or communications;
- Assertive, positive personality, with good communication and interpersonal skills in person, by telephone, and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to write persuasive copy in print and electronic settings;
- Ability to work as a member of a team by both contributing and receiving ideas and communication;
- Project management experience and time-management skills for juggling numerous time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- A self-starter who can work independently yet discern when additional team input is needed for the good of the project;
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Canva, Microsoft Office, Shopify, and Constant Contact;
- Creativity in marketing concepts and creation of graphics;
- Comfortable with online workflow and database management systems;
- Working knowledge of major social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok;
- Ability to travel occasionally;
- Ability to collaborate with deployed staff via Zoom, Skype, and other online telecommunication platforms;
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the mission and ministry of progressive Christianity.
- 30 hours a week, generally 4-5 days a week, Monday through Friday.
- Standard hours of operation are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CST, but our daily schedule is flexible. Our operation is based in St. Louis, Missouri, in the Central time zone, but the successful candidate can live anywhere in the United States.
- You will work from your home or another location of your choice.
- Unless other arrangements are made, an Apple laptop and monitor will be provided for work use.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "Marketing Coordinator" in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. For potential candidates, at least three references will be contacted. No phone calls.
The Christian Board of Publication and its imprints affirm the faith and gifts of persons regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE.