2023 General Assembly Chalice and Paten
General orders for this product are closed. Please email email@example.com if you would like to be placed on a waiting list for a surplus chalice or paten. Placing an order does not guarantee you will receive a chalice and/or paten.
Chalices and patens celebrating the 2023 General Assembly in Louisville, Kentucky, are now available for preorder exclusively at ChalicePress.com. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to purchase a unique souvenir of our first in-person gathering in four years.
Please note several important changes regarding availability:
- Chalices and patens are available by preorder only. You will not be able to purchase a chalice at General Assembly.
- Orders must be picked up at the Chalice display at General Assembly.
- If your plans change and you are unable to attend in person, arrangements will be made to ship your order following General Assembly, but shipping and handling will be an additional cost.
- Preorders close at noon Eastern time Tuesday, May 30. Sorry, but there will be no exceptions.
- Production will fulfill preorder demand only. Extra chalices and patens will not be produced.
- Orders will not be shipped prior to General Assembly.
This year’s chalice has a cream-colored cup with a dark black base. The black and red General Assembly logo, in English, Spanish, and Korean, features prominently on the cup. Patens will be half-black, half-white, with a gray stripe between the two. Both the chalice and patens are approximately the same size as previous General Assembly commemoratives.
General Assembly chalices and patens have been available for years, but we have a new provider that knows chalices well. Yellow Door Ceramics Studio in Indianapolis, Indiana, is co-owned by Felissa King, a member of Central Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). Watch the accompanying video to learn more about Felissa and the process that will produce your chalice and paten. Who knows — you may see your chalice in its early stages!