Because "Thank you for your service" is simply not enough. Get the Basic Training for Ministry with Military Veterans and Their Families and get equipped for doing real ministry that matters with veterans and military families! There are almost 20 million veterans and service members living in the United States, including more than one million Americans deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan since 2001. Post-war life can be challenging unless there are communities responding with compassion and hospitality. How churches welcome and respond will be critical to the well-being of our nation’s veterans, their families, our local communities, and our nation. In the 30-page Basic Training for Ministry with Military Veterans and Their Families, military chaplain Zachary Moon offers:
- help to answer the question, "Are you ready for our veterans?"
- a personal gifts inventory
- a congregational gifts inventory (for your church or faith group/community)
- a Bible study on Acts 10, Peter's encounter with the Roman centurion
- a list of other military/ministry resources
- an invitation to join the movement of ministry with military veterans and families!